Home > Uncategorized, WASABi, Windows Azure > Windows Azure AutoScaling Application Block (WASABi) Issue and Resolution

Windows Azure AutoScaling Application Block (WASABi) Issue and Resolution

Recently, we have implemented Windows Azure AutoScaling Application Block (WASABi) in one of our project. It looked really simple to begin with but later on it was not that easy as we faced two specific issues which ate lot of our time.
To begin with we developed a worker role with WASABi and tested it on development emulator which worked fine. Configuring rules XML is some kind of pain though. Before deploying it to Windows Azure we found that there is a new version of WASABi the version 5.0.1118.0 from nuget. Again tested it locally and it wasn’t working :(.   we got following error while WASABi was trying to insert entities into the collector table in our case table name was DataPointsCollected.

“<code>InvalidInput</code> One of the request inputs is not valid.” 

To solve above error we had to upgrade to Windows Azure SDK 1.6 (we didn’t evalute it as we were using umbraco with SDK 1.5 so were not sure about the implication).  This problem is also indicated here in msdn forum.

After fixing the above problem we thought it is going to be smooth after deploying to Windows Azure but it wasn’t. We were getting the following error

System.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityNegotiationException: Could not establish secure channel for SSL/TLS with authority ‘management.core.windows.net’. —&gt; System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.  “

and it was difficult to debug and get pointers.

While checking all the possibilities I came across an entry of subscription in file service-information-store.xml the entry was

 <subscription name="mysubscription"
                  subscriptionId="80fa6a27-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxa13f"
                  certificateThumbprint="7xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1"
                  certificateStoreLocation="LocalMachine"                  certificateStoreName="My">

Also the role certificate had the same location (LocalMachine) and same store name (My). I guessed probably the worker role is not able to read the certificate from the LocalMachine so we changed the certificate location to CurrentUser and My as indicated below 

 <subscription name="mysubscription" 
 subscriptionId="80fa6a27-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxa13f" 
        certificateThumbprint="7xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1"
        certificateStoreLocation="CurrentUser"       
        certificateStoreName="My">

Fixed the above two issues and our worker role with Auto Scaling block is working like charm. Hope this saves time for others who trying WASABi.

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s